[2013] CD&DL Data July-August Issue

Discussion in '2011~2015' started by Nindy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Nindy

Nindy Administrator Staff Member

[Trans/Interview/Scans] CD&DL Data July-August Issue Interview

[​IMG]

(cr: TVXQDrip)

OCEAN has newly been added to your list of summer songs. It felt refreshing to hear the catchy intro, “Ooga Jaka~” -a taste that previous songs did not have.

Yunho: This song is an extension from “Summer Dream”, “Sky”, “Somebody to Love” that has been loved by everyone. This song has added style and fun with the summer freshness of the other songs. If it’s a color, I think red will match. It says “red light” in the lyrics, so this summer I hope that children and adults can be the red light with us and have fun.

Changmin: I also think that OCEAN is a new style for Tohoshinki. It’s a very hot song that I feel everyone will start dancing to when they hear it. I also had fun while recording the song – feeling the melody with my body while singing.

When I hear Tohoshinki, I imagine a group that shows us 100% coolness, like your previous single ANDROID and the album TIME. But the new single, OCEAN is like a summer song showing your real selves.

Yunho: Are we always cool? Thank you (laughs). When we first debuted, our concept was a group that can do many genres. Then after a while the bar became higher and recently there were more cool and manly performances. We wanted to sing a song that we can truly enjoy and to also show our natural selves during the MV for the summer. I will be happy if everyone can also enjoy the song with us, and I personally like this song as well.

Before the actual release date, it was sung at your Time Tour, and felt that the place became one during this song.

Changmin: Actually the tour started right after we recorded the song, so for me, it wasn’t 100% yet. We were also nervous to sing it in front of everyone, and also the audience was listening carefully. But as the tour progressed, everyone started getting into OCEAN and felt that they were having fun. I am also happy singing the song, while looking at everyone truly enjoying themselves.

Yunho: We want to become one with the audience so we cast a spell with Ooga Jaka~. So we definitely become one (laughs) During this song, the fans wave their tour towels in the air so we can really feel the energy coming towards us like the OCEAN!

Changmin: Yes, it feels really good!

Yunho: When you look at that from the stage, we feel that not only us but the place – everyone together makes the genre that is “Tohoshinki”. I truly feel that Tohoshinki is made by all of us, and live concerts are performances we make together.

2. Nindy

When you hear the word “party” – are there any episodes that you’d rather forget?

Changmin: I think we are both not super strong with alcohol, but we are not weak…so I don’t think we have anything we want to hide. lol

Yunho: We take care of ourselves, and I’m not too fond of alcohol so there isn’t an episode I’d want to forget about – although there are times I want to drink like crazy at after-concert parties (laughs), but I’m usually awake until the end and I clean up after myself as well. It’s actually more fun to be able to remember everything and talk about what happened to the others, the next day (laughs)

Hmm, I think I see a different Yunho from the “cute” Yunho on stage during MCs. I think the MV for OCEAN not only shows cool parts but comical and boyish parts of you both. For example, Yunho’s duck mouth!

Changmin: You noticed! I already knew that Yunho’s mouth kind of turns outwards when he is focusing (laughs). Although Yunho is older than I am, he has cute boyish parts to him, and I think many of those parts can be seen in the MV, so Yunho fans should look carefully.

Yunho: We took Changmin’s part first, and it was really great – Changmin looked very cool and handsome. It became a pressure for me, so I told the staffs “I can’t make it look as handsome as Changmin” (laughs)

Ahh, so Changmin raised the bar.

Changmin: I’m sorry! (laughs)

Yunho: I don’t know why, but it looked perfect to me. He had the boyish part, the sexiness…so I wanted to do it as well as Changmin so I tried my hardest to look boyish in my part (laughs)

Hmm, I think Yunho looked more boyish while Changmin looked more like the elder brother in some parts of the MV.

Yunho: Yes, even when I put my arms around his shoulders, it felt a little awkward. During the concert MC’s, we have the charters as Sadistic (Changmin) and Masochist (Yunho) – although our real life personalities are completely different, maybe the stage characters are getting close to reality. (laughs)

Changmin: Oh really? I never really thought about that…

So does that mean Changmin actually has a younger brother kind of cuteness to him that we can’t see during the MC?

Changmin: Yes! I’m super cute!

Yunho: Yes, yes, you are (laughs)

Changmin: I’m a bundle of cuteness!

Yunho: Nice one!! (laughs out loud)

(laughs) In connection with this summer song, could you let us know any summer childhood memories?

Changmin: I’ve never finished the homework during the summer holidays early. I was the type to write down a month worth of diary entries in 2-3 days. I would ask my mother what I did, or sometimes when I couldn’t remember, I would make things up, but when I really got stuck, I wrote poems like “oh no, summer holiday is going to end soon”…laughs

Yunho: I’ve liked traveling around even when I was in elementary school. I rode the bike around – one day I rode around for 8hrs not knowing where I was or how to get back. I called my parents saying “I don’t know where I am, help me”…laughs

(laughs) Thank you very much. So the other song, Wedding Dress is a medium ballad about a man getting married. Your harmony and also the bride wearing the wedding dress that her mother wore was also touching.

Changmin: When I hear the word marriage, the first thing that comes up to my mind is the white dress. I’ve seen pictures of my mother in a wedding dress, and actually she looked pretty beautiful (laughs). My parents are very close – they go out together, play table tennis together – so when I do get married one day, it would be great to be able to share the same hobby and have that kind of relationship. It would be nice to have a relationship like my parents.

Yunho: Many of my friends are already married, so when I hear stories from them, I think, “marriage is like this” or sometimes I think, “If it was me, I want it to be like this…”. I would like to sing this song to our manager when he gets married one day, as a present from Tohoshinki.

3. Nindy

Do both of you think you will be able to become a great husband like the person in this song?

Yunho: It’s embarrassing to say it myself (laughs)

Changmin: I think Yunho will be a great husband! He leads us in Tohoshinki as well.

Yunho: Hmm…I think I am a strong-minded person, so in both business and others, I guess I do like to lead

Changmin: Yes, so I’m sure there will be no problems! Let’s follow Yunho san’s lead! (laughs)

In “TIME TOUR” that started from April, you were able to accomplish your long time dream, 5 Major Dome Tour.

Was there anything you requested before the tour started?

[​IMG]

Changmin: I absolutely wanted to sing Heart Mind and Soul during this tour, so when the staff asked me, “Are there any songs you want to sing?”, I didn’t hesitate a second to say this song. “Heart Mind and Soul” is the title of our first album, and it has been one of my favorite songs but since we recorded it such a long time ago, I wanted to sing it again, and I thought now is the time. I now understand the lyrics more than before, and my feelings of wanting to deliver the song’s message to the audiences is much much stronger than before.

[​IMG]

Yunho:
    Yes, I think this song has gotten more special, as it originally has its own color while we have added a new color of the current Tohoshinki. I think the “pure” version from long ago is also nice, but now we are more grown up and we sang this by looking back on our past and I think it turned out well. In order for us to sing this at this tour, we looked over the song and divided the parts and felt that the lyrics matched our current feelings…so I’m really glad Changmin requested this song. A personal request for me was to make my hair red. I was actually working as an actor with black hair, so I wanted to make it red in order to switch to artist mode. I think it matches the outfits of the tour, what do you think Changmin?

Changmin: I think you looked great!

[​IMG]

4. Nindy

During the MC, you talked about how Tohoshinki did not always have a smooth sailing and because of the fans, you were able to stand where you are now. I think the fans were overwhelmed to hear this directly from both of you, but did you have a special feeling when you were talking about this?

[​IMG]

Yunho: When we first started out in Japan, we were in a completely different circumstance so we tried not to look back and only kept looking forward. Whatever happens, we are here “now” because we seriously do what we want to and seriously believe in what we want to protect. I guess we have more room to breathe, so maybe that’s why we can now look back our paths.
    I know there were many things during the course, but because of everyone’s support and warm feelings, we were able to stand on the stage of the 5 major dome tour, which has been a dream for us…so I wanted to thank everyone on that special stage. By feeling this together, I think we are able to reach a higher level.

[​IMG]

Changmin: We had this tour with the album TIME. We have the present and future, because there was the past. Even if there were some things in the past, if we deny all of it, that will also mean that our history with our fans will also be gone. Tohoshinki is something that is made with everyone, so when we look back, I want to do it with everyone. So I really am happy that we were able to convey our message and feelings to the fans on this tour.

Yunho: Like Changmin said, TIME is our album title, and we felt how much meaning TIME had for us – our history as Tohoshinki, our tour…I believe more strongly now that if you live a solid life now, it will lead to something better.

[​IMG]

If you were to bring one important time up in your history, what would it be?

Yunho: It’s everything. Everything is precious to me, but I remember the time when we first stood up on stage as the 2 of us. It was a new beginning for us, but we needed a lot of courage to start this. But because of that moment, we are here now….so I think it was a special moment.

Changmin: I think the Nissan Stadium in August will be a special time for us. It’s a stage that is waiting after the 5 major dome tour that was our biggest dream. In that sense, I think it will be a precious time, and I want it to be special.

[​IMG]

So now the future. How far are you looking? Let us hear your new goals after the 5 major dome tour.

Yunho: My feelings have always been the same, but I think it’s more important to live your life to the fullest now so that it can lead to a better future, rather than thinking of what to do in few years, 10 years time. Although we don’t have many chances to deliver our message directly to our fans, we hope that our feelings are delivered through our songs – I want to do that. Therefore, as artists, I want to communicate more and deliver our feelings to everyone. Obviously I am thankful we can do concerts in huge venues, but personally I would like to be able to be one with the crowd at small venues like Zepp Tokyo where we used to do concerts when we just debuted. I hope we can do something like this if we have the chance.

Changmin: For me, having this 5 major dome tour accomplished was an amazing thing, but at the same time something a little sad…because what we were dreaming of has been accomplished. So when I heard our new stage of Nissan Staudium, I was happy because I felt “yes, we can do a live concert again!”. We move forward by making these small steps, so I think our new goal will appear naturally. I will stand on stage in August, while looking forward to that new goal.

Please do not repost on Tumblr. We already posted it on Tumblr: here

=
    Credits:
    Translated by yumin2618@TVfXQfever, @yumin2618 (twitter). Shared by TVfXQfever

* Feel free to translate or re-post it but please credit us even if you are going to re-post a small section of it.
    * Please keep the credit line as it is. You can credit your site as the distributor.
    * We welcome anyone who wants to share their experience with us. You can post it as a comment or email it to us: tvfxqfever@gmail.com

5. Deptulana

Deptulana

Thank you ever so much! With all credits I translated this wonderful article.