1. To all who registered to become members & didn't receive any notification, please use the 'contact us' link below and let us know.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradise Ranch - 파라다이스 목장

Discussion in 'Dramas & Movies' started by vampiress, Nov 27, 2014.

1. vampiress

vampiress

• Drama: Paradise Ranch
    • Revised romanization: Paradaiseu Mokjang
    • Hangul: 파라다이스 목장
    • Director: Kim Cheol-Kyu
    • Writer: Jang Hyun-Joo, Seo Hee-Jeong
    • Network: SBS
    • Episodes: 16
    • Release Date: January 24, 2011 - March 15, 2011
    • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 20:55
    • Language: Korean
    Plot
    "Paradise Ranch" is a bright romantic drama that covers the life of a couple that were married at an early age and eventually divorced.

Hang Dong-Joo (Shim Chang-Min) and Lee Da-Ji (Lee Yeon-Hee) were childhood friends. They came to love each other and finally married in their teens, but divorced a couple of months later. Six years later, Lee Da-Ji lives with her father and younger sister on Jeju Island and works as a veterinarian, as well as running her family's ranch. Hang Dong-Joo now works for his family's business, but he's not interested in working.

Lee Da-Ji goes to Australia to buy a hoarse. There Lee Da-Ji meets Seo Yoon-Ho (Joo Sang-Wook) and gets help from him in purchasing a horse. Seo Yoon-Ho is from America and works for the biggest resort company. Lee Da-Ji also runs into ex-husband Hang Dong-Joo in Austrailia. Hang Dong-Joo is now with Park Jin-Young (Yu Ha-Na).

Back on Jeju island, Lee Da-Ji finds herself being cheated and faces loosing the ranch. Ex-husband Hang Dong-Joo comes to Jeju island to build a resort for his family's company. He then discovers that Lee Da-Ji's ranch is now under his name and his family will build a resort there. Seo Yoon-Ho also comes to jeju island for his work as a investor of the resort, which Hang Dong-Joo's family company are planning to build.

Cast
    Shim Chang-min as Han Dong-joo
    Lee Yeon-hee as Lee Da-ji
    Joo Sang-wook as Seo Yoon-ho
    Yoo Ha-na as Park Jin-young

OST

Source: AsianWiki, Wikipedia

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. vampiress

vampiress

I haven’t been keeping up with the news on Paradise Ranch, but with the drama now set to air in two weeks, it’s time for me to get with the program.

Pictured immediately above and below are the latest stills to be released from the production, which feature wedding shots of the lead couple, played by East of Edenactress Lee Yeon-hee and DBSK idol Choi Kang Changmin.

The drama centers around a 19-year-old young bride and her 21-year-old groom, who then divorce and undergo “extreme twists” as we follow the “bold and outrageous love scandal” that ensues. Other cast members include Giant‘s Joo Sang-wook and Sons of Sol Pharmacy’s Yoo Hana.

I think part of my ambivalence about this drama is due in large part to the early hype, which dissolved into months and months of silence, keeping the drama in production limbo for over a year. It actually began filming over a year ago in December of 2009, and wrapped in May 2010. Which means it’s just been sitting there on the shelf for months, which did not inspire confidence that the drama would ever air, or that it was frankly any good (the conventional wisdom being, if it was any good SBS would have been all over it).

Furthermore, there’s the cast. I know that Changmin and Lee Yeon-hee both have huge youth fanbases, but Changmin’s a newbie actor so there’s always that question mark hanging in the air. And Lee Yeon-hee is an interesting case to me, because I like her, and the camera freaking loves her… but she has the ability to go from very compelling to downright cardboard-like — and in the same drama, at that. I sort of feel like she’s similar to Han Hyo-joo three years ago — loads of beauty and a lovely aura, but super green in her acting. Well, we’ll see how they fare soon enough.

Paradise Ranch follows the drama It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl, which is the current Monday-Tuesday SBS series airing in the earlier broadcast hour (9pm). Its premiere comes on January 24.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Via Star News

3. vampiress

vampiress

Paradise Ranch has released a couple new photos for the drama, which will be halfway through its 16-episode run with this week’s episodes.

The first shows a kiss between Changmin and Lee Yeon-hee; if you’ve seen the series, you’ll recognize the scene from their ill-fated young marriage. (The couple divorces within six months and then meets again six years later.)

The second poster takes a cowboy theme and also includes Joo Sang-wook, who seems weirdly cast as he comes off as a full decade older than the rest, making his presence incongruous with the others. But this poster isn’t so much real Wild West cowboy so much as it is amusement-park-ride-themed cowboy, with the over-the-top costumes and toy props.

The drama has been performing about as well as expected, which is to say not very well, though not quite in bomb territory either — firmly in the 6% to 8% range. It’s about par for the course for this SBS Monday-Tuesday timeslot, though a bit lower than its predecessors by a percentage point or two and still trailing its competitors, who air news in that hour.

I’ve gotten numerous requests (and some demands) for more Paradise Ranch recaps, but I have to tell you that they’re not going to be forthcoming. And, given that I find the show awkward and a little bit insipid, you probably don’t want me recapping them anyway. It’s not as horrible a mess as I was expecting, but there’s just no pull there; I don’t get any captivating energy or emotional tug from it. Sorry to say.

[​IMG]
    Via TV Report

4. vampiress

vampiress

-spot for more pics later -

5. vampiress

vampiress

- another spot -

feel free to start spazzing!

6. Bobi

Bobi

It was halfway through this drama, that as a new kpop fan, I suddenly realised that changminnie was sooooo incredibly CUTE! :love:

7. vampiress

vampiress

Trueeeeeee

His acting was kind of awkward in the beginning but as the drama go, he looks more and more cuter :love:

I mean.. look at him

[​IMG]

[​IMG]