1. To all who registered to become members & didn't receive any notification, please use the 'contact us' link below and let us know.
    Dismiss Notice

Heading To The Ground - 맨땅에 헤딩

Discussion in 'Dramas & Movies' started by vampiress, Nov 26, 2014.

1. vampiress

vampiress

• Drama: No Limit (English title) / Heading to Bare Ground (literal title)
    • Revised romanization: Maen Ddange Heding
    • Hangul: 맨 땅에 헤딩 / 맨땅에 헤딩
    • Director: Park Sung-Soo
    • Assistant Director: Jung Dae-Yoon
    • Writer: Kim Sol-Ji, Kim Ye-Ri
    • Network: MBC
    • Episodes: 18
    • Release Date: September 9 - November 2009
    • Runtime: Wed. & Thurs. 21:55
    • Language: Korean
    Plot
    "No Limit" revolves around Cha Bong-Kun (U-Know Yunho) who dreams of playing football for the premier league in England, while he plays in a Korean minor league. While pursuing his deam, Cha Bong-Kun narrowly escapes death three times and also falls for soccer agent Kang Hae-Bin (Go Ara).

Cast
    Source: AsianWiki, WikiDrama

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. vampiress

vampiress

Ha! Just days after refuting the rumors, it has been announced that 23-year-old DBSK singer U-Know Yunho is indeed making his acting debut in the soccer drama Heading to the Ground [맨땅에 헤딩].

The singer, born Jung Yun-ho, takes on the character of “Cha Bong-kun,” a role recentlyvacated by Kim Rae-won because of Kim’s mandatory army obligation. To achieve the impossible goal of making it as a national player, the character pours all his passion into realizing the dream. While he “has nothing to his name, the drama tells the miraculous success story of passionate soccer player Cha Bong-kun.”

U-Know Yunho said of the role, “I really like the character of Cha Bong-kun. Reading the script, my heart overflowed with emotion. I want to act that feeling with sincerity.”

Heading to the Ground follows the Wednesday-Thursday horror drama Hon on MBC and premieres on September 9. No confirmation yet on the casting of his love interest, although Go Ara remains in contention

Via My Daily, Newsis

3. vampiress

vampiress

With casting complete, production is proceeding for MBC’s soccer drama Heading to the Ground [맨땅에 헤딩], which recently held its first script reading in Ilsan, Kyunggi province.

Among the actors present were the drama’s lead star U-Know Yunho of idol band Dong Bang Shin Ki, who had just arrived from a trip to Japan, as well as Go Ara (Who Are You), Lee Yoon-ji (Pure 19), and Lee Sang-yoon (I Love You, Don’t Cry).

Yunho plays passionate soccer player “Cha Bong-kun,” and reportedly spent over six hours in a phone call with one of the writers to get an in-depth analysis of his character and understanding for his motivations. Meanwhile, Go Ara plays “Kang Hae-bin,” the daughter of the team owner who wants to prove herself and achieve her own success as a sports agent.

Director Park Sung-soo (Ruler of Your Own World) had words of praise for his actors, while writer Kim Sol-ji said that she’s looking forward to seeing the progress unfold.

Heading to the Ground follows horror drama Hon on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and airs its first episode on September 9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Via Star News

4. vampiress

vampiress

[​IMG]

Don’t call him U-Know Yunho anymore; the DBSK idol star wants to be known under his real name, Jung Yun-ho, as he takes on the lead role — and his acting debut — in the MBC soccer drama Heading to the Ground [맨땅에 헤딩].

(Not that this is new; lots of singers using stage names have switched to their real names for film and drama roles, seeking a more serious image as legitimate actors. The most famous example is probably Rain, who acts under the name Jung Ji-hoon.)

The drama recently began shooting; its first filming day took place in Seoul’s Kangnam district in a scene that saw Jung Yun-ho chatting with his friend since middle school, played by Lee Yoon-ji. Jung was reportedly very careful as he filmed, checking every one of his movements and lines of dialogue, and practicing in spare moments. He frequently conferred with producers to confirm that the details he’d prepared according to his image of the character were fitting in properly.

(Good for him, but that makes me wonder how slowly filming must proceed with a completely green actor as your star. I’m not saying he’s bad, because maybe he won’t be, but when your main character is so cautious, one would think that eats up a lot of time. Compared to working with a pro like Kim Rae-won, for example, had he continued with the role.)

[​IMG]

PD Park Sung-soo (Ruler of Your Own World) did praise his star for his preparation, saying, “Good job. When did you practice all that?”

Jung described filming as going comfortably, saying, “The atmosphere on the set is really great, enough to be surprising. …It’s a ton of fun expressing this character of Cha Bong-kun. The first shoot felt really good.” As the Bong-kun character is a talented soccer player, Jung also explained that he’s also got to keep in shape.

The plot draws a romantic love story between opposites: Bong-kun is passionate soccer player with a warm, positive personality who doesn’t have much in the way of worldly possessions. His love interest Hae-bin (Go Ara) has everything as the rich daughter of the team owner, who is determined to prove herself on her own merits. The two have a bickering relationship fueled by constant misunderstandings that (naturally!) turns romantic.

Heading to the Ground airs its first episode on September 9.

Via Today Korea, Mk.co.kr

5. vampiress

vampiress

MBC’s Heading to the Ground is still in the early stages of filming, and the production has now released stills of the drama’s recent rainy-day shoot.

The scene features the show’s star Jung Yun-ho (U-Know Yunho), who trades in his idol polish for a humbler image as he films this scene standing barefoot in the rain. While he gets soaked as he drags his pojangmacha food cart along, co-star and love interest Go Ara remains dry.

In the story, Yun-ho’s character, a devoted soccer player, boasts extraordinary shooting skills — but due to his “reckless personality” he often faces difficulties. However, he is persistent and dogged “like a weed,” and finds himself at all sorts of jobs, like working a part-time gig for a chicken restaurant selling skewers at a stand.

His barefootedness comes from the chivalrous act of lending his own sneakers to Ara’s character, whose high-heeled shoe has broken. (Looks like he’s also giving her a ride — what, she couldn’t give the shoes back? Lol.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Via Hankyung

6. vampiress

vampiress

Filming is progressing and the premiere date nearing for the new soccer drama Heading to the Ground [맨땅에 헤딩], which features an idol star in his acting debut, U-Know Yunho. Casting an idol is nothing new, but putting him in a lead role for his first project makes him something of a wild card. Thus curiosity is building for this drama from the PD of the much-regarded series Ruler of Your Own World, Park Sung-soo. Will the idol star’s debut role be strong enough to carry a drama? Will he pleasantly surprise, or fall short? Below is an interview with Yunho regarding his debut role.

“As I film Heading to the Ground, I feel myself maturing”

With his transformation into an actor still ahead of him, U-Know Yunho, the leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki, expressed these thoughts.

As U-Know Yunho takes his first stab at a traditional acting role in MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama Heading into the Ground, he said in a recent interview, “Like the drama’s title, I feel like I’m also ‘heading into the ground.’* However, I’m usually pretty fearless. That’s why I like the title.”

*The phrase “heading into the ground” uses the soccer term of heading the ball to describe taking on an obviously impossible challenge or working hard for nothing. Like banging one’s head on the ground.

U-Know Yunho may be a big star as a lead member of Dong Bang Shin Ki, a group that has conquered Asia, but as an actor he is a rookie in his first role inHeading to the Ground. That is why from the moment he was cast, he threw himself into preparations and approached filming with more passion than anyone, explained the producers.

A Heading producer said, “When U-Know Yunho was staying in Japan for singer activities, he spoke on the phone with the writer for as much as six hours to analyze his character. On the set, he had close discussions and conversations with the PD to grasp the acting and worried extensively.”

Heading to the Ground tells a miraculous success story of a poor but passionate soccer player Cha Bong-kun (U-Know Yunho), and also paints a picture of human triumph out of a low-class life. The drama premieres next month.

Following is a series of questions and answers with U-Know Yunho and the producers.

[​IMG]
    What do you think now, after being cast and working a month into filming?

After filming late into the night and going home, I find it new and exciting, so I want to go right back to the set. These days, I’m completely absorbed into the character, and I’m living as though Cha Bong-kun is really me. When he’s shown as poor and good-for-nothing, it’s so different from my usual appearance that I shock myself. [Laughs]

Also, I really like every member of the staff, which may be why I’m enjoying being on the set so much. Heading to the Ground is a drama where everyone in the staff is a main player. I’m just the representative in front who acts.

Of everything you’ve done so far, which scene is the most memorable?

There’s a scene were I fall into the Han River at a depth of 5 meters. While I’m sitting on the land by the river, a ball comes flying at me and I head it out of instinct, and fall into the water. Not only is it deep, I was weighed down by weights, and since it was my first time in such an extreme experience, it stands out in my memory. A lot of staff members worked hard on the filming and I felt I’d accomplished something.

Have you ever experienced a “heading into the ground” before?

Of course. I’ve done it so much that I can’t remember each time. [Laughs] Isn’t the very act of me taking on an acting challenge an example of heading into the ground? To be honest, I’m pretty fearless. I don’t get very afraid. That’s why I really like the title.

Heading to the Ground gives me the feeling of maturing. Even as you grow, there are certain rites of passage you have to go through. When the drama is over, I will feel as though I’ve grown along with my character, Cha Bong-kun.

What is the response to your friends about your acting?

My friends say it’s fun, but ask if it’s okay for me to ruin my image like that. My parents told me to enjoy myself as I act. My fellow entertainers encouraged me to go for what I wanted to do and act to my heart’s content.

What would you like to tell viewers before the drama premieres?

I hope they will watch and accept my acting. And look forward to me playing this passionate Cha Bong-kun character, with an open mind… [Laughs]
    [​IMG]

Via E Daily

7. vampiress

vampiress

Lee Yoon-ji, Jung Yun-ho, Go Ara, Lee Sang-yoon

Heading to the Ground is nearing its air date, and held its production press conference on the afternoon of September 2 at Seoul’s Hyatt Hotel. The MBC series stars U-Know Yunho (aka Jung Yun-ho) in his acting debut, along with Go Ara, Lee Yoon-ji, and Lee Sang-yoon.

Man, these dramas premiere and end in such quick succession that it’s hard keeping track of the latest, isn’t it? The horror series Hon is about to hand off its Wednesday-Thursday timeslot to the new soccer drama, after it finishes with its tenth episode this week.

As the drama’s main character, not only does U-Know Yunho carry much of the drama’s burden of expectations, there’s also heightened scrutiny as this is his debut role. The pop singer recently expressed his feelings on his debut, and while I approach the acting debuts of singers with wariness, they’re not always uniformly negative experiences. (People may disagree, but I thought Min Hyo-rin aquitted herself quite well in Triple; she wasn’t perfect, but good enough that it wasn’t readily apparent that she’d never acted before. Im Joo-eun, the ingénue lead actress of Hon, is another example of a newbie making good, though she didn’t come from the pop world.) So we’ll have to wait to see how Yun-ho handles himself.

Heading airs its first episode on September 9.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    cr as tagged

8. vampiress

vampiress

Well, MBC may have cut down its underperforming Heading to the Ground not once but twice, but perhaps it’ll fare better in Japan: the soccer drama will air beginning in January under the slightly altered title No Limit: Heading to the Ground.

The drama may have had a dismal run in Korea, but with U-Know Yunho‘s (and DBSK’s) popularity in Japan, hopefully the show will meet with a happier reception there. A source explained, “Because of Dong Bang Shin Ki’s popularity in Japan, there have been several talks with Japanese broadcasters ever since Heading to the Ground began broadcasting in Korea. Currently, we are in the final stages of making the contract.”

No Limit: Heading to the Ground will air one special broadcast on December 23 on the channel KNTV, then begin weekly broadcasts on January 24. Its Korean run ends this Wednesday with Episode 16, following a four-episode cut from its initial twenty-installment order.

Via Star News